Alumni and Faculty Biographical (Alumni News Morgue) File (Digital Surrogates and Born Digital Records)
Digital Surrogates and Born Digital Records from the Alumni and Faculty Biographical (Alumni News Morgue) File, includes digitized material and born digital records pertaining to the biographical file from deceased and living alumni, faculty members, trustees, and former students. The file was created by the Alumni Association, but University Archives staff have added and continue to add materials to the file. Only a few materials from this file have been digitized or include born digital content.
Online records from this series include:
1. A doctoral Dissertation (ca.2007) by Marvin E. Latimer Jr and is entitled "Harold A. Decker (1914-2003): American Choral Music Director".
2. Photographs concern Maudelle Bousfield's plaque on the Bronzeville Walk of Fame along Martin Luther King Jr. Drive in Chicago, IL. Photographs were taken on April 25, 2015.
3. Three digitized letters from Jim N. Matthews to his family dated October 3 1868, September 15 1868, September 20 1871.
4. University news and documentation concerning Professor Carl Woese's research and achievements
Additional digitized material is available upon request, including:
1. Gabriel Guevrekian's biographical file.
2. Audio visual documentation of news broadcast concernign Professors' Fred A Kummerow's research on trans fats.
3. News stories from different academic journals and media, concerning Professor Carl Woese's research and achievements.
Indexes available online for specific Alumni Biographic Files can be viewed here: http://archives.library.illinois.edu/social-media-archives/alumni-and-faculty-biographical-alumni-news-morgue-file/
For more information about the Alumni Biographical File, see this Series' main record in Archon. A complete list of alumni who are included in the file does not exist. Please contact the archives if you would like us to search for information on a particular individual.