- No. / LIBRARY OF THE ROCHESTER ATHENAEUM AND MECHANICS' ASSOCIATION. / RULES. / The Library shall be open_file for the receipt and delivery of Books every day, Sundays and Mondays excepted, from 8 A. M., to 12 1/2 P.M.
- from 2 to 5 P.M., and in the evening from 6 1/2 to 9 1/2 o'clock. / Every member may draw from the Library two volumes and no more, at the same time, which shall be returned in two weeks. / Books may be renewed in the same name once. / New publications, which have not been in the Library three months, may be detained
- duodecimo, only three days
- and octavos, or larger volumes, one week
- but one such book shall be drawn at a time, and they shall not be renewed. / The Librarian shall assess a fine at the rate of six cents a week on every book kept from the Library longer than is herein allowed
- and also fines, under the directions of the Library Committee, for damages to books. / No member shall be allowed to take any book from the Library while any book due to it remains in his possession, or while any fine assessed against him remains unpaid. / No book shall be reserved for any member. / Books will be gratuitously loaned to such apprentices, between the ages of 14 and 21 years, as shall produce a certificate that they are worthy of confidence, and guaranteeing the safe return of all books so loaned, signed by some responsible member of the Association.