- [refrain 4]
- [verse 4] Where people "For the people" reign, / Uplift our Ensign royal; / New glory let Old Glory gain / From sons and daughters loyal. / Then shall the Flag of patriot sires / God-given Rights redeeming, / Safeguard our homes and altar-fires, / While far for Freedom streaming.
- [refrain 3]
- [verse 3] Shine on, ye stars of fadeless light, / The wrong'd and weak befriending; / Shine on for Liberty and Right, / For Truth with Mercy blending. / For Peace with Honor shine ye on, / For all Good Will to others, / Till war and wrath and envy gone, / Men live and love as brothers.
- [refrain 2]
- [verse 2] Thy crimson Stripes proclaim the price / Of sovreignty we cherish, / And tell of their sacrifice / Who vow'd "It shall not perish." / Thy cluster'd Stars, so faint and few / When first we were a nation, / Now fill thy field of azure blue, / A glowing constellation.
- [refrain 1] O peerless Flag, we lift thee high / And furl thy colors never; / Our ringing cheer and battle-cry / America forever!
- [verse 1] O God, our guide and helper be, / As of our sires before us. / For by Thy favor are we free, / With Freedom's banner o'er us. / Thy sun beholds the circling world, / Thy winds search land and ocean. / But find no fairer flag unfurl'd, / None loved with more devotion.
- O PEERLESS FLAG!
- [verse 4] O beautiful for patriot dream / That sees beyond the years / Thine alabaster cities gleam / Undimmed by human tears! / America! America! / God shed His grace on thee / And crown thy good with brotherhood / From sea to shining sea!
- [verse 3] O beautiful for heroes proved / In liberating strife, / Who more than self their country loved / And mercy more than life! / America! America! / May God thy gold refine, / Till all success be nobleness, / And every gain divine!
- [verse 2] O beautiful for pilgrim feet, / Whose stern, impassioned stress / A thoroughfare of freedom beat / Across the wilderness! / America! America! / God mend thine ev'ry flaw, / Confirm thy soul in self-control, / Thy liberty in law!
- [verse 1] O beautiful for spacious skies, / For amber waves of grain, / For purple mountain majesties / Above the fruited plain! / America! America! / God shed His grace on thee / And crown thy good with brotherhood / From sea to shining sea!
- AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL
- Bottom, above publisher, boxed: America the Beautiful (open score edition) Octavo No. 13,130 8¢ / do. (with three other settings, close score) Octavo No. 12,450 8¢ / O Peerless Flag! (open score edition) Octave No. 13,146 10¢
- Top: Our Country — Our Flag
- Top, above border: Complimentary Copy
- Text only, in simple border and with one small ornament.
- Plate numbers: pp. 4-7, BR: 5-151-72104-4
- Plate numbers: pp. 2-3, BR: 5-150-72103-2
- p. 7, BR, at end of score: (March 11, 1917)
- p. 4, BL: Orchestra parts, 50¢
- p. 4, below title: Patriotic Song
- p. 3, BR, at end of score: (Feb. 22, 1917)
- p. 2, BL: Words used by permission of the Author / Orchestra parts, 50¢
- p. 2, below title: Patriotic Hymn