Images in this collection were digitized through the University of Illinois Library's participation in the Open Content Alliance and may be used freely. Attribution to the University of Illinois is appreciated. High-resolution images can be downloaded from the Internet Archive at www.archive.org. For further information, contact email@example.com.
|Title||Washington Park Club|
|Description||From text: "The objects of the organization called the Washington Park Club, which was incorporated in 1883, are to promote good fellowship among its members by providing a club house and pleasure grounds for their entertainment where at all times they may meet for social intercourse, and to encourage, by providing the proper facilities, raising, improving, breeding, training and exhibiting horses, at meetings to be held at stated times in each year. The Club House at Sixty-first Street and South Park Avenue is a low, long, rambling two story building, with broad piazzas on all sides of the house. From its situation, within easy driving distance from the centre of the city, and with its beautiful grounds, the Washington Park offers all the advantages of a country club, such as have become so popular of late in the leading eastern cities."|
|Link to the Full-Text||http://hdl.handle.net/10111/UIUCOCA:chicagoclubsillu00lanw|
|Repository||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|Coverage-Spatial||Woodlawn (Chicago, Ill.)|
|Book Title||The Chicago clubs: illustrated|
|Author of the Book||Lanward Publishing Company|