Images in this collection were digitized through the University of Illinois Library's participation in the Open Content Alliance and may be used freely. Attribution to the University of Illinois is appreciated. High-resolution images can be downloaded from the Internet Archive at www.archive.org. For further information, contact email@example.com.
|Title||Confederate prisoners at Camp Douglas|
|Description||Caption: "Confederate prisoners at Camp Douglas By Courtesy of the Chicago Historical Society". Camp Douglas opened as a training camp for Union troops in 1861 on the property of Stephen J. Douglas, between 31st and 33rd Streets, and Cottage Grove and present-day Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, and later served as a prisoner of war camp for Confederate soldiers. (Source: Encyclopedia of Chicago http://www.encyclopedia.chicagohistory.org/pages/388.html)|
|Link to the Full-Text||http://hdl.handle.net/10111/UIUCOCA:bygonedaysinchic00cook|
|Repository||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|Coverage-Spatial||Douglas (Chicago, Ill.)|
|Author of the Book||Cook, Frederick Francis|
|Collection Title||Picture Chicago|